The course leading to the Postgraduate Diploma in Archaeology aims at providing a sound knowledge of the discipline, in both theory and practice for special or General degree holders with professional and academic interests in Archaeology.
• P rehistory and Protohistory
• Environmental Archaeology
• Art History
• Architectural History and Landscape Archaeology
• Archaeological Methods and Techniques
This course is conducted according to three-semesters and candidates have to complete 05 course units. Candidates should attend all the lectures, seminars, workshops, tutorial classes and field visits prescribe for each unit.
Duration of the Course
One year (12 months) in duration, starting from January each year. The lecture hours are as follows.
Saturday 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
Sunday 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
Students should have attendance at least 70% of the lecture sessions.
Location of classes – Classes are generally held at the PGIAR premises.
Sinhala and English
• Bachelor’s Degree (special or General) from a recognized University